Janna M. Miller Midura
Janna M. Miller Midura spent much of her legal career with Freeborn & Peters, a large firm in Chicago, after working in-house in the litigation department for Travelers Insurance Company. She has represented large insurance companies, public risk funds, and individual clients. Janna has extensive experience handling all aspects of pre-trial and trial work on both the defense and the petitioner’s side and has presented oral arguments before the Illinois Appellate Court.
Janna has been involved in various legal associations, where she held leadership positions including:
- Vice-Chair and host of the annual fundraising project for the Chicago Bar Foundation;
- Chicago Bar Association, including:
- Co-Chair of the Trial Techniques Committee for Young Lawyers Section,
- Co-Chair Bench/Bar Relations Committee,
- Internship for Youth Project, and
- Habitat for Humanity Project for the Young Lawyers Section;
- Co-Chair of Law Week for the Young Lawyers Section, sponsored by the American Bar Association; and
- Director of the Young Lawyers Section of the Chicago Bar Association.
Janna has also been active in her community and has:
- served as a board member at a local school;
- worked on various committees at Sacred Heart Academy; and
- volunteered extensively at Walter Payton College Prep in Chicago.
Janna earned her J.D. from DePaul College of Law in 1990, after graduating from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.